La Pintoresca specializing in affordable housing for seniors has an opportunity for an individual looking for an exciting career. As a Administrative Assistant you will work under the supervision of the Property Manager
Assists the Property management in the execution of his/her duties. Provides analytical and specialized administrative support of routine and non-routine tasks. Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, prepares reports and recommends appropriate action. Work is generally of a confidential nature and requires a broad working knowledge of departmental and Company practices, policies and procedures.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Provides quality Customer Service efficiently to residents, families, co-workers and vendors in a manner to ensure satisfaction.
- Assists the Executive Director and/or Property management in the execution of his/her duties.
- Provides specialized administrative support of routine and non-routine tasks.
- May supervise front desk/reception personnel.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports.
- Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory staff.
- Plans conferences, sets up meetings and takes minutes. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, composes and sends correspondence.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Additional assignments may be found in various functional areas of the company such as finance/business office, marketing, human resources etc.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner. Reports any safety hazards and/or accidents to supervisor.
- Attends all mandatory in-service meetings. Complies with all department and facilities policies and procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Bilingual in English/Mandarin Preferred not Required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch-CARING Housing Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.