Sunny View West located in Cupertino, CA is a 100 unit affordable housing community for the elderly that has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Worker.
Responsibilities to include:
- Respond to and complete work orders for individual apartment units and common areas of the building and grounds.
- Complete unit Turns
- Perform plumbing repairs and maintenance repairs.
- Does refurbishing work in resident apartments such as pulling up carpet, sheetrock repair, caulking and painting.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of the facility.
- Inspects emergency equipment such as fire alarms and extinguishers, smoke and heat detectors.
- Performs pipe and duct cleaning and clean exterior lights, doors, and windows.
- Assist in the planning, development and monitoring of the Preventative Maintenance and Comprehensive Needs Assessment.
- Assists in the routine inspections of apartments and common areas.
- Requisitions and inventories all equipment and tools needed to carry out maintenance and cleaning functions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent and minimum of 5 years of proven work experience as a Maintenance Technician or similar role.
- Trade school or Maintenance training program preferred.
- At least 3 to 5 years HVAC, electrical and plumbing experience.
- Has the ability to be on-call and has basic computer skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
Front Porch/CARING Housing Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.